Dear Parents of Room 108
I would like to introduce myself to you as I am going to be joining your child’s classroom with Meg and Jen in January. My name is Kathy Greeley and I am the new Literacy Coach at Graham and Parks. This year, I am participating in a year-long professional development course with Lesley University’s Literacy Collaborative, a program designed to improve teaching practices in reading and writing. As part of my training, I am expected to “push in” to an intermediate grade classroom for about two hours a day. For the first semester, I worked with Karen Engels and her fourth grade class. This second semester, I will be co-teaching readers’ and writers’ workshop with Meg.
While I am new as a coach, I am not totally new to G&P! From 1984 to 2001, I worked in the Junior High as one of the Humanities teachers. I left the classroom to work with other schools in the district on their middle school programs. Two and half years ago, I took a position as the Director of Instruction at the Harbor Middle School in Dorchester. Last spring, I heard about the Literacy Coach position and was thrilled to have the opportunity to come back to G&P. In truth, it has felt like coming home.
I am excited about the upcoming expedition on “Constructing Cambridge.” I have had the opportunity to plan with Meg and Rebecca and it has been great to be in on the project from the beginning. I think the students will both have a lot of fun and be challenged by the work we have in store!
If you have any questions or concerns you would like to share with me, please don’t hesitate to contact me via my email (see below). I have met most of your children already, but I look forward to meeting you too in the new year.
Sincerely,
Kathy Greeley
Literacy Coach
Graham and Parks Alternative Public School
kgreeley@cpsd.us
No comments:
Post a Comment